|An overview of the Hongqiao Vantone SunnyWorld Centre, designed by Foster + Partners. Image: Courtesy Foster + Partners|
|The buildings of the new center face into a park. Image: Courtesy Foster + Partners|
The mixed-use development centers on a 4-hectare (-acre) public park and comprises office buildings and new civic spaces. Sun access was also a guiding consideration for the master plan. Buildings are oriented along the park in a way that seeks to maximize solar gain and views.
The ground-breaking ceremony was representatives from the developers, along with local business and civic leaders.
- Client: Vantone Real Estate Co. Ltd and Sunnyworld Group Co. Ltd
- Location: Shanghai Hongqiao CBD, China
- Project Type: Mixed Use Offices, Exhibition, Commercial
- Site Area: 28,000 square meters (300,000 square feet)
- Office buildings: 60,000 square meters (645,000 square feet)
- Exhibition: 3,000 square meters (32,000 square feet)
- Commercial: 70,000 square meters (750,000 square feet)