|As an associate director and studio head for SOM, Lucas Tryggestad has led projects all over the world, including Trump International Hotel and Tower (2008), in Chicago, Illinois. Lucas is one of 15 recipients of the 2013 AIA Young Architects Award. Photo: SOM|
Fifteen architects are the 2013 recipients of the AIA Young Architects Award.
- Alissa D. Luepke Pier, AIA
- Andrew Caruso, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, CDT
- Brett Charles Taylor, AIA, LEED AP
- Deepika Padam, AIA, LEED AP
- Derwin Broughton, AIA
- Eric R. Hoffman, AIA, NCARB LEED AP
- Jennifer A. Workman, AIA
- John Dwyer, AIA
- Katherine Darnstadt, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C
- Lucas Tryggestad, AIA, LEED AP
- Matthew Dumich, AIA
- Rachel Minnery, AIA
- Susannah C. Drake, AIA, ASLA
- Thomas Hussey, AIA, LEED-AP
- Virginia Elaine Marquardt, AIA, LEED AP
Rachel Minnery, of Seattle Washington-based Environmental Works, designed the Puyallup Tribal Longhouse project, a community center in Puyallup, Washington. Photo: Courtesy Environmental Works
According to the AIA, this is the award's twentieth year. Professionals who have been licensed 10 years or fewer, regardless of their age, are those that the AIA considers "young architects" for the purposes of this award.
The jury for the 2013 Young Architects Award comprised Norman L. Koonce, FAIA, of McLean, Virginia; Albert W. Rubeling FAIA, of Rubeling & Associates, Inc., Towson, Maryland; Ronald L. Skaggs, FAIA, of HKS, Inc., Dallas; John Sorrenti, FAIA, of JRS Architect, PC, Mineola, NY; William J. Stanley, III, FAIA, of Stanley Love-Stanley, PC, Atlanta.
|Virginia Elaine Marquardt, AIA, of DLR Group, was project manager for the Ed Pastor Justice and Detention Center Complex in Nogalez, Arizona. Photo:|